"We envision a New York City where all young people get the education they need to succeed and where young people’s contributions to our economy, communities and city are recognized and honored."
#DegreesNYC is a data-informed collective impact movement co-led by young people and education professionals to move to equity in education in NYC.
#DegreeNYC is supported by Goddard Riverside,
#DegreesNYC aims to close NYC’s postsecondary attainment gaps by aligning college and career efforts around a shared vision with clear goals. By doing so, there will be a significant increase in the number of young adults completing higher education and entering living wage jobs in NYC.
For every 100 students who enroll in 9th grade in New York City, only 21 earn a college degree.
City-wide, 57% of white adults have a bachelor’s degree compared to 22% of their black and 16% of their Hispanic counterparts.
Nationally, the bachelor’s degree attainment rate for higher-income young people is seven times that of low-income youths.
Over one-third of young adults in the city are neither in school nor working in low-wage jobs with limited advancement opportunities.
- Time is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualCalling all NYC college students! Join a virtual 90-minute session to share your experiences with access to technology and your opinions on artificial intelligence (AI). Participants will be compensated with a $25 gift card! RSVP Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdKsOtAJ1Fs1ibcF0nc_tk
- Time is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualCalling all NYC college students! Join #DegreesNYC in a 90-minute session discussing how communication can be improved in colleges. Participants will receive a $25 gift card! RSVP Here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesspgmT0Ox5DzjLySdZMa49pJAdEYLq5kJbPh01EXXt7Kb8Q/viewform
- Time is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualCalling all NYC college students! Join #DegreesNYC in a 90-minute session where we focus on how the physical space you study in either negatively or positively impacts your academic growth. RSVP Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSco2q_hdPAGkNzuf1kebnJm-5cwEEJx6G7M6hoLGTZVKL0Bkg/viewform
- Time is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualTime is TBDVirtualCalling all NYC college students! Join #DegreesNYC in a virtual 90-minute session where students can share their experiences with pandemic fatigue. All participants will be compensated with a $25 gift card. RSVP Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfAs_WqqkS_07oQkaVM3HfltT1vxtGiwCqHmCfkAp
- Thu, Feb 18Zoom webinarFeb 18, 2021, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM ESTZoom webinar
- Thu, Jan 28Zoom webinarJan 28, 2021, 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM ESTZoom webinar
- Tue, Jan 26ZoomJan 26, 2021, 4:00 PM ESTZoomJan 26, 2021, 4:00 PM ESTZoomWe know it’s important to continue to engage in conversations that aim to improve the socio-emotional and technical support students have access to during remote learning. The #DegreesNYC Youth Council invites you to an open forum to discuss the student experience with remote learning.